About Creative Retainers
What is a creative retainer?
A creative retainer is a monthly agreement between a client like you and a creative like me that gives you access to my wide variety of services at discounted hourly rates. Depending on the package that suits your business’s marketing needs, I will set aside the agreed upon monthly hours specifically for you, giving your project top priority.
Creative retainer packages are 6 month commitments paid monthly in advance. I send detailed weekly reports of how I use your hours along with your balance and provide a strategy on how to use any remaining hours for the upcoming weeks.
What are the benefits of creative retainers?
Creative retainers have gained a lot of popularity lately, and here’s why:
- No overhead costs means low cost solutions to a wide variety of marketing services for you and your business.
- Faster turn around times! Having reserved hours for your project means I can guarantee fast turn around times on your requests.
- Tired of having to explain what you want over and over again? By working on a long term basis, I will get to know your brand and adapt to what your business needs. This will streamline your projects which will save you time, money, headaches and frustrations.
- Hiring an agency on a per-project basis can get expensive. With a creative retainer, you can essentially work on multiple projects at once at a discounted hourly rate.
- Creative retainers guarantee having fresh marketing content/designs for your business social media accounts and website.
- Spend more of of your valuable time running your business and less time worrying about marketing.
Is a creative retainer right for everyone?
No. Creative retainers are for entrepreneurs or small businesses who do not need an in-house full time creative department but do have ongoing creative or marketing needs.
These needs may vary. Whether you’re a start up that needs a new logo, website and social media marketing campaign or an existing business that needs their site updated or need tweaks to their printed marketing material, a creative retainer is a great choice.
The bottom line: creative retainers are for businesses that have a long term plan and know what goals they want to reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need more hours?
Any additional hours needed to complete a request will be billed with the following month’s invoice. The rate will be stipulated in your retainer contract.
What if I don’t use my monthly hours?
Any unused monthly hours roll over to the following month. “Roll over” hours do no accumulate however and expire the following month.
Are all of your services available?
Yes, all of our web, design and marketing services are available for your projects. I always offer a plan based on your goals before we get started!
What if I only need a one-time project?
All of our services are available for one-time projects. Please contact me to work on a quote for you!
I love learning new stuff every day. Nothing makes me happier than publishing a website and helping small businesses accomplish their goals. I love my family, hockey, music, cooking and drinking lots of coffee!